Job Title: Operation Manager
Job Order #: CS-9328
Salary Range: $ - $
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Dental + Health Insurance + Paid Vacation + Vision
General functions of Operations Manager
- In charge of all Production operations, Flour mill, workshops, power generation, storage/silos, jetty operations (including vessels discharge), buildings maintenance.
- Development and continuous improvement of quantitative and qualitative output of the flour mill.
- Control of all aspects of the milling process.
- Daily meeting with GM
- Regularly liaise with MD and Engineering team, by email, Skype or telephone
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a Ag Business who is searching for a Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will work to make quality products with the highest nutritional and safety standards through its commitment to constant innovation, engaging the talent and passion of the employees with respect for the environment.
Essential functions/Responsibilities of Ops Man
- Provide leadership to team in achieving key performance results, including company objectives for financial profitability, manufacturing variances, safety, and quality,
- Develop methods to monitor and measure department activity to identify areas of success and areas of opportunity to control production efficiency, manufacturing variances, material waste, labour expense and other indicators of profitability,
- Responsible for mill maintenance and implementation and use of MP2 or other similar “maintenance program”
- In charge of electrical and mechanical maintenance and accuracy of Weighbridge (WB) and scales in the mill and lab, including flour and bran bagging scales,
- maintain order and discipline within production area, including storage facilities and workshops,
- Supervise and follow up of priorities with managers, chiefs of team/shift staff,
- Supervise wheat transfer from vessels to silos and to mill silos,
- Management of wheat and flour bin inventory, control and undertake all needed measures to avoid or fight infestation,
- Advise MD on the choice of wheat in relation with the flour Market needs
- continuing seek new and better methods to improve overall operation and its efficiency,
- Obtaining an extraction rate of flour corresponding to standards of profession without affecting flour quality,
- Ensuring our customers with best flour to guarantee consistent “requested by Market” flour quality, including high hygienic standard,
- Best practise production, with highest efficiency and at lowest cost.
- Responsible (special attention) for careful control of silos and buildings as well as weekly stocktake
- in charge of implementing and following up of company program,
- continue to establish rules and regulations to improve safety procedures,
- Ensure operational compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements in the areas of safety, employment, quality, work rules, pest prevention, good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and critical control points, and others as established by communicating requirements to employees, validating understanding and correcting behaviour as required,
- Ensure that the company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations,
- Development of new products and projects in conjunction with GM,
- Participate in development and implementation of new milling and packaging processes, products, and systems by providing information, ideas, and recommendations based on knowledge and experience in production,
- implement and improve Corporate operation manual policies,
- Responsible for department staffing strategy, skill and development of staff, performance management and employee morale. Provide staff with information, training, direction, guidance, and resources necessary to accomplish established individual, department, and company objectives. Continuously coach for development and monitor progress and results.
- Work with customers and visitors during presentations, seminar by providing expertise in mill operations,
- responsible for safety and hygiene in all installation of the company,
- Manages and oversees all improvement projects for operation in the Delta State,
- Take part of the Budget setting,
- implement projects throughout the company as indicated by the Acquisition Requests (AR) and per instructions of the MD,
- Maintains open line of communication with company,
- Maintains positive governmental relations with the local Administration