Job Title: Quality and Food Safety Manager
Salary Range: $150000 - $150000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Full Benefits Package + Relocation Assistance
Education/Certification: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Food Safety, Quality Assurance, or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective budgeting practices.
- Knowledge of HACCP, FSMA, risk assessments, and root cause analysis is required
- Knowledge of Flowcharting, mind-mapping, and Operational design
- Knowledge of principles and practices of employee supervision, training, and evaluation.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and complete projects and assignments in a timely manner.
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate the effectiveness of administrative and technical staff.
- Interact effectively with customers, business representatives, employees, management and ownership, vendors, contractors, consultants, and public and private representatives.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive Company information and use judgment and tact in applying policies, solving problems, and communicating standards.
- Operate computer hardware and software and utilize specialized software applications.
- Experience with programs such as Famous is a plus but not required.
- Ability to communicate, translate, and write in both English and Spanish is a key requirement
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a well-established Produce Grower, Packer and Shipper who is seeking a Quality and Food Safety Manager to lead the international quality team towards a successful global strategic alignment and integration of activities with major food safety and quality standards. The Quality and Food Safety Manager will be responsible of providing short term and long-term solutions, influence strategy and set polices and directions, drive and execute successful implementation plans and contribute to the overall strategic definition with a strong business acumen.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Customer Service Investigation: Isolate issues and incidents and prevent delivery to customers of poor-quality product through reducing waste and providing thorough analysis of problem product
- Perform food safety product traceability for customers, recalls, or quality issues requiring the need to know where product originated, and which customers received the product; plan and implement mock recalls and trace scenarios to improve the current recall plan; update the trace and recall plan as necessary
- Manage supplier approval per quality and food safety standards through 3rd party audit review, internal inspections as needed, supplier packet review, and creation and revision of the vendor/supplier packet
- Perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance abuse tests, pressure tests, and R&D on products that could affect fruit quality (packaging, food contact products, cleaners, sanitizers, etc.)
- Manages all audits and maintains integrity of Food Safety, ISO, HACCP, Organic, Quality Assurance, and any other FSQA compliance function, including continuous improvement, training, meetings, and corrective actions as needed. Ensures compliance at all levels of the organization as well as international integration to customer requirements.
- Makes decisions on Quality Team Notifications. Works with Sales Team, Supply Chain, and Operations Managers to make decisions on the best outcome for the product and customers.
- Manage the ISO 9001 paperwork and documentation process, including follow through and follow up of corrective actions, manage the internal audit schedule for all ISO processes and perform internal audits with department heads or team captains, coordination with ISO team captains to ensure and validate processes during internal audits and before 3rd part external audits; and review process records to confirm that they are being completed properly and recorded in the ISO system. Create new ISO (Quality System) processes as they are needed and coordinate with, and monitor, team captains to document and validate these processes.
- Tracks and monitors Food Safety and Quality expenses to budget on monthly basis. Works with Department Head to establish annual Financial Budget for the Quality Department.
- Works with the Quality Supervisor and Leads in hiring and management of Quality Control and Food Safety personnel, including the position descriptions, interviewing, offer-stage, training & development, establishing objectives, and 90-day probationary period evaluations.
This position requires some travel in order to meet with customers, evaluate suppliers, conduct auditing of existing suppliers, etc. Ability to communicate, translate, and write in both English and Spanish is a key requirement to properly address issues with all organization levels and Distribution Centers Quality and Food Safety Manager will constantly work in both field and office environments, accesses warehouses, sales offices, conferences, and special events sites as well as plant and production areas to communicate with supervisors and employees. The employee has extensive internal and external interfaces with others and the work requires continual problem-solving, the prioritization of tasks and projects, resolution of conflicting needs and issues, and the ability to read, analyze, and interpret trends and data.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kirk Hansen at email@example.com or call 308-382-7370. You are encouraged to fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.