Job Title: Working Farm Manager
Location: Eastern North Dakota
Salary Range: $ - $
Commission / Bonus:
- 5+ years of Farm Management experience required with minimum of Bachelor's degree in agricultural field of study preferred or significant experience as a Farm Manager
- Experience growing potatoes, edible beans, wheat, and barley all a plus
- Knowledge and/or experience in the area of organic farming is a huge plus
- Ability to manage entire farm operation day-to-day activity and decision making abilities
- Directs and coordinates work activities, such as plant to harvesting, including record keeping, etc.
- Inspection of equipment to ensure proper functioning, follow maintenance protocol, and manage inventory of parts
- Inspects fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage
- Assist in the purchases of machinery, equipment, and supplies as needed
- Negotiation, customer service, and business skills which include the ability to work with all contacts of the farm
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Working Farm Manager for an organic potato farm in eastern North Dakota and western Minnesota. Person will direct and oversee Agronomist and Production employees. Prefer 4+ years management experience in potato production and/or organics management. Will oversee equipment, production employees, planting to harvest and other inputs of the farming operation. Farm also raises edible beans and rotates wheat and barley acreage as well. Implementing safety policies and practices according to company standards. Will assist and be responsible for maintaining proper personnel. This position is to provide day-to-day operations management for the owner that will still be reachable and continue with marketing, intermediate and long-range planning and will assist during the busier times of planting and harvest. Looking for a long-term manager to maintain steady growth and oversee operation for years to come. Great location to raise family in quiet rural area with recreation areas close by, and easy access to a larger city nearby for entertainment, shopping, and other resources as well. Choice of school districts and great areas away from the city to raise a family.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at email@example.com or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.