What Does it Mean to be Saved?
Saved…From what, you might ask. To be “saved” means that you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, and made Him Lord of your life. In doing this, you have been saved from an eternity in Hell, separated from God.
- You can go to Heaven, no matter how bad your sin is.
- Matthew 9:13 – “…for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
- Luke 19:10 – “For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
- What God wants you to do.
- Revelation 3:20 – “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.”
- John 1:12 – “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.”
- Acts 16:31 – “They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved…”
- Romans 10:13 – “for whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- How you can believe.
- Romans 10:9, 10 – “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will besaved.For with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness,and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.”